At Swanson Dental we have always followed the standard precautions issued by the CDC and ADA to help protect our patients and team members. The following are steps we have ALWAYS taken every time you sit in one of our patient chairs:
- We wear single-use gloves and masks while treating patients
- We wear long sleeves and have all of our work clothing laundered at a professional laundering facility who follow the required OSHA guidelines
- After each use our instruments get sterilized in an autoclave (a high pressure steam oven) to kill every known infectious organism, including Coronavirus
- We wipe down each dental operatory after each patient with medical grade disinfectant that kills all known infectious diseases, including Coronavirus
- We thoroughly wash our hands before and after each patient
Since the discovery of COVID-19, in addition to the above standard measures, we have also implemented the following standards of infection control:
- We have added Extraoral Aerosol Suction Systems to each operatory
- Air purifiers are placed throughout the office
- We have removed magazines, toys, books, beverages, etc… from our waiting area
- The waiting area is disinfected on a regular basis
- We have added plexiglass dividers at our front desk
- Our entire team wears masks, including our administrative team
- Team members have their temperature taken and answer COVID-19 screening questions daily
- We’ve added time between some appointments so we have more of a staggered schedule
What we ask of our patients during COVID-19:
- Please wear a mask to your appointment.
- We send out COVID-19 screening forms via text or email the day before your appointment. We ask that you complete these on the day of your appointment before you come into the office. If you are not able to complete the form before entering the office we will have you complete it as soon as you arrive
- You will have your temperature taken at each appointment
- Please come alone to your appointment. If this is not possible, the person accompanying the patient will also be required to complete a COVID-19 Screening form.
- If you arrive early to your appointment please remain in your car until right before your appointment time.
- Practice social distancing in the waiting area
- Use hand sanitizer that is placed throughout the office
Ready to schedule an appointment?
Call us at (952) 927-6477 or get in touch